I’m not continuing this goal for YET another year, but I will continue to read. Last year I basically gave up reading in order to study Japanese, and I’m going to keep NOT focusing on reading so I can try to get better at actually surviving in Japan.
It won’t stop me from reading (or listening to) books, it just means that the time I spend on books will be less than normal. I’ve started reading on my way home in the evenings, or when I can’t get to sleep and need to distract myself. It’s working so far.
The ongoing tally:
2016: 15 books (I guess we can only really go up from here!)
2015: 33 books
2014: 39 books
2013: 35 books
2012: 23 books
2011: 49 books
Let’s see how I do this year. xo
01. The Martian Chronicles, Ray Bradbury (Jan 12) (review)
02. The Girl With All the Gifts, M.R. Carey (Feb 15) (review)
03. The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy (Feb 16) (review)
04. Burial Rights, Hannah Kent (Feb 19) (review)
05. The Princess Diarist, Carrie Fischer (Feb 20) (review)
06. Stories of Your Life and Others, Ted Chiang (March 4) (review)